Cross Platform/webmail solution :-(

Reaction score
Hi All.

I have a bit of a problem that I'm trying to solve.

I currently have an AL 24" iMac, a Blackbook, and a Dell 1720. I'm looking for some solution where I can access my email, contacts, and calendar all in one place on all 3 different machines and via webmail. On the Dell I use Office 2003 and is has Vista. On both Macs I have Leopard and Office 2008.

I know that using webmail such as yahoo would accomplish this, but I really hate using webmail (only when I have to its ok). I really prefer to use outlook 2003 and apple mail and ical, but if i need to I could use entourage 2008.

I guess basically I'm looking for an email service that will sync my email (maybe imap?) and sync the contacts and calendars on each of these machines. I was using Plaxo with AOL mail, but it only sync contacts, not calendars.

Anyone have any thoughts? I was thinking the outlook contactor with Office 2003 and Windows Live Mail, which works great on the Dell, but won't work on the macs. no contact/calendar sync :-(

Thanks!
-Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
I'm not sure how contacts would "sync" - but I've been very happy with FastMail (www.fastmail.fm) as an "Enhanced" user for a couple of years now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.