Airport Updates Messed Up My Network..

Reaction score
Hey Guys
So.. I recently received an Airport Update. Before the update, I connected my imac directly to the ethernet wire, which was connected to my airport. My fathers computer (PC, bleh) connected wirelessly to the airport.

My airport always flashed the yellow light, and I just researched and found out that was the wrong color for it to be flashing-- but it worked.

I installed the Airport Update, and now my airport has a green light and my fathers computer doesn't have a connection. I messed with the network a bit, reset airport, etc. and still have the solid green light on my airport and my dads PC is still without a connection.

Network preferences is telling me that my airport has a self assigned IP address and probably won't be able to connect to the internet. How do I go about fixing this? Any help is appreciated..

picture1xc8.png

OP
N
Reaction score
So, now I am getting my fathers computer to connect with my network but only for ad-hoc purposes. What am I doing wrong?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.