Firmware Update Fixed something!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Well after the firmware update. My iSight now works with live.yahoo and i can once again use my mbp in clamshell mode while its hooked up to an external monitor. Im happy :)
Has anyone else had similar issues fixed or have something that wasn't working all together now working right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Running it with the lid closed...like a clamshell

Reaction score
Running it with the lid closed...like a clamshell

Oh, i figured... but I've read multiple times that doing that decreases the screen life... so why would someone want to do that? Unless i was mis informed thus leaving my screen open all the time for nothing lol.

Thank you for the reply though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh, i figured... but I've read multiple times that doing that decreases the screen life... so why would someone want to do that? Unless i was mis informed thus leaving my screen open all the time for nothing lol.

Thank you for the reply though.
You've been misinformed :)

Whilst one might argue that having the screen closer to the processor causes the screen to be exposed to more heat, it's highly unlikely the heat would cause any harm.

In fact, using the display constantly will cause the (non-LED) backlight to dim slightly over time ( - don't worry - it's probably not enough for you to notice it during your Macbook's lifetime).

But either way is fine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Has anyone else had similar issues fixed or have something that wasn't working all together now working right?

HA! That's funny! I just posted a problem that just started for me because of the update! Then I saw your thread. I've never had the problem with my MBP not running correctly with the LCD closed.

Strange what little quirks arise from these updates.

Reaction score
You've been misinformed :)

Whilst one might argue that having the screen closer to the processor causes the screen to be exposed to more heat, it's highly unlikely the heat would cause any harm.

In fact, using the display constantly will cause the (non-LED) backlight to dim slightly over time ( - don't worry - it's probably not enough for you to notice it during your Macbook's lifetime).

But either way is fine :)

lol thanks for your response :). My keyboard and the section above the keyboard gets pretty hott though.. makes me worry lol.

However thanks for the update, I read about the issue while browsing these forums for people that were using their laptop as alarms or listening to music while sleeping.

It's good to know though :) thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.