Dictionary Pop-up thing

Reaction score
So I just recently found out that if you hold down control+command+d and hover your mouse over a word, a little dictionary window will pop-up and give you the definition.

I don't remember when exactly, but now it's not working. Maybe I inadvertently turned it off somehow?

If anyone has any ideas on how to get it back I'd love to hear them.

(I have all the latest updates, on 10.5.2)

Reaction score
hmm. mine isn't working either, maybe cuz i ran monolingual and removed all the 2gb of languages i dont need? But my dictionary app still works..

anyways go to system preferences>keyboard and mous>Keyboard shorcuts (top right) and make sure "look up in dictionary" is checked, its the second on in the list on my MB.

BTW by looking through that list i found out you can Reverse the black an white making your screen look like a negative by pressing ctrl+option+command+8.. pretty cool.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Yep that was it, I must have unchecked it somewhere along the way.

Reverse black and white thing is kind of neat. Don't know when it would be useful though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.