Two iMacs: Dual screens?

Reaction score
Hello :)

I have a 24" iMac. I would like to get another so that I have a backup should iMac one fail.

Out of interest can they be connected via the DVI mini so iMac two becomes an expensive second monitor for dual display?

Many thanks,
Freddy

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you Fallooza.

If I purchased a MacBook/Pro/Air instead of a second iMac would this achieve my original question? Or is an iMac connected to a stand alone monitor the only option to achieve dual display?

Many thanks.

F

Fallooza

Thank you Fallooza.

If I purchased a MacBook/Pro/Air instead of a second iMac would this achieve my original question? Or is ?

Many thanks.
an iMac connected to a stand alone monitor is the only option to achieve dual display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Yes, sadly there is no input through the display connector on the back of the iMac.

Reaction score
Why would you buy two identical machines "just in case number 1 fails"?? I´d buy a good HDD and use Time Machine to backup my files, in case the imac's failed, and if I was worried something could go wrong I'd buy applecare for that iMac... If you want two screens just buy another monitor... If you still want two macs, for whatever reason, why don't you buy an iMac and a Mac Mini?? If your iMac fails you just transfer the files from the HDD to the mini, and use the monitor you supposedly bought to get dual screen....
or is there any specific reason why you want two iMacs??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.