stream music to phone

Reaction score
I have a Macbook that I like to use on my bed. However, my stereo is on the other side of my room... What I want to do is stream music to the stereo without buying those Airport things. I was thinking I could stream it through Bluetooth to my Blackberry 8310 and connect it to my stereo.

Is there any way to do that??

Reaction score
I dont know much about blackberrys but can they stream music? if so then how are you gonna connect it to your stereo, does it have a 3.5mm headphone jack?
If you got those covered then i'd suggest orb.com That will work if blackberrys can stream music from the internet.

My second suggestion would be to find a bluetooth audio receiver. One that has a 3.5mm headphone jack which you can plug into your stereo as an auxilary input, then stream from your macbook to the receiver.

An other option would be a digital multimedia reciever. These generally have wifi and will connect to your home network and can access music/pics/videos on your network. I bought one a while ago from Fry's for $19.99! now it didn't support all video formats but if your want it just for music it seems like a perfect solution. The one i had, you couldn't control the music from your PC/Mac, you had to do it with the remote but it did have a screen on front which showed track names.

OR you could always go oldschool and wire it...

hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I know sony makes a mini system with bluetooth capabilities, try checking that out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.