Can I get an updated restore/install DVD from Apple?

Reaction score
I recently bought a refurb Macbook Pro which is quite cool. The standard install discs it came with are for 10.4.9, however the person I bought it from was nice enough to install Leopard for me. They did not include a Leopard install disc. I will probably end up just buying a retail Leopard install DVD, but figured I would ask.. Would Apple sell me a replacement set of restore/install discs for MBP that are Leopard? I've seen some 10.5.2 install discs for standard Macbooks on eBay, and having that for the MBP would save me a few hundred megs of download on the update should I need to install the OS again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If the machine didn't come standard with Leopard, chances are slim to none that Apple would send you a set that came with the newer OS.

Also, if the guy didn't include the Leopard disc and goes ahead and installs it on another machine, then technically you have an illegal copy on your machine. You should either get the guy to send you the disc or get yourself a copy of Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
I am gonna buy it, that's a given. I am tempted to get the 10.5.1 retail DVD, but like I said I want to save that big 10.5.2+graphics update should I need to reinstall.

I bought the laptop off eBay, it came how it came. Just getting one at all was a major undertaking.. Hard to get a decent price on a hi-res 17" MBP that isn't a scam. I couldn't even find one with a glossy screen ; ;

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.