Broadband Question

Reaction score
Hi

Just tinkering around with the internet/ethernet connection on my new Mac and have run into a problem.

Router synced around 15000, but only getting speeds of 13000. So in an attempt to squeeze the last bit of juice out of the connection I've run Broadband Optimizer 1.5 (some sort of Unix script thing), restarted and now only getting 10000.

Is there anyway I can undo this or reset the settings on my Mac to get it back to how it was?

Any help much appereciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
Move the BroadbandOptimizer folder at /Library/StartupItems to the trash and restart.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for that Sherman. That seems simple enough - and that resets it to how it was? Just got to get use the mac process of working I guess. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Moving the application folder to the trash is the equivalent of uninstalling in Windows.

Reaction score
Hope it cures the problem for you, Broadband Optimizer attempts to modify the /etc/sysctl.conf file to accommodate larger memory buffers. The change it writes to the file is not saved, so on restart it should go away. I don't think that buffering really helps as much as it gives the impression that things are running more smoothly. Sites that are slow and overloaded will seem better, it won't help with well run, high bandwidth sites, but as always, YMMV!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.