• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mustang meet the deer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Ow. Ow ow ow.

Not a Ford guy, but that was a really pretty car. Be sure to get 'er fixed up.

My friend hit a deer back in the fall, albeit he was riding a skateboard downhill when it happened. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
oh well, its just a ford...

seriously. Im really glad your okay. and it really sucks that your car was damaged. i know whats its like to have your baby hurt. and i dont mean anything by "its just a ford", i just dont like ford (or any american car for that matter).

i hope you get it fixed at a good shop so you cant tell it ever happened (although you will always know that it happened, and THAT might ruin the car for you.)

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah its getting fixed at the best shop in the area, the same shop that fixed my brothers car after he was in an accident, you can't tell that he was in an accident and my car is not as bad as his.

The mustang will cost about 10k to fix unless something changes so insurance is paying for it, not me.

Right after impact everything in my car died that is useful while driving. I lost my front brakes, my traction control and my car lit up a few other lights. It took me about a half mile to find a place to pull over, the car didn't drive half bad with all of its systems missing.

RMAN: Yeah, my door doesn't open, I had to climb out the window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
Thats alot of money to fix it.

is the frame bent at all?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no the frame is still perfect, just body and mechanical damage.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Sounds like they are replacing the bumper. Which is why the cost is so high.

Interesting you climbed out of the window, I jumped over the seat to get out the passenger door. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Glad to hear that you are ok and that insurance is paying to fix the damage. i haven't personally hit a deer but my gf has and i know one biker that has. The biker was actually able to walk away without any serious injuries but the bike was beyond repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Mac : (
i actually touched the point where my eyes watered, Ford Mustangs are beautiful : ' ( Stupid Deer, boys out with their rifles... NOW!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Glad to see your OK. Gts are nice cars, unfortunately I don't fit in them. Hope everything works out for you with insurance.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to see your OK. Gts are nice cars, unfortunately I don't fit in them. Hope everything works out for you with insurance.

You must be reallly tall! I am 6'1" and if my seat is all the way back I can't push the clutch far enough down to start it, so my seat is up a little bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You must be reallly tall! I am 6'1" and if my seat is all the way back I can't push the clutch far enough down to start it, so my seat is up a little bit.

6'8", I had to duck when I sat in one at the dealership.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
PowerBookG4, so sorry about the Mustang but I'm glad you're okay!!!! Cars are disposable; people are not.

Reaction score
Haha, this reminds me of what my Drivers Ed teacher says, what does Bambi need? BBQ sauce!

He is very southern and about 60 years old, but he has great stories!

I am glad you are okay!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First off, glad to hear you're OK, PBG4 - hitting a deer is no joke, as you no doubt realize. I've seen what can happen when they breach the windshield, and it's not pretty.

Anyway, I hate to see that kind of damage to such a sweet ride. Shop around for body shops, make sure they use OEM parts and have a good BBB reputation and you should be fine.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sorry to hear it man. at least you're ok, that's the most important thing.

i avoided them for about 20 years of driving then hit one last winter. if you didn't see it in the bar and grill, it's not as bad as yours...

247395229_JyLh7-M.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Ouch. Good to hear you're ok though. Hitting a large animal can often times be fatal for the driver as well.

I'll say one thing though, deer are a serious problem here in Jersey. We really need to get their population under control.

Heh...I know what you mean. I lived in New Jersey for eight years before returning to Sweet Home Chicago...I was taking a course at Brookdale Community College, and I saw one of those buggers standing along side the road. I slowed down, the deer didn't move, so I kept going....it decided to move just as I was parallel to it. :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting:

The result: $1200 worth of damage. Thankfully, 1) the car was still driveable, albeit with a burnt-out tail light (interesting because the deer hit the FRONT of the car), and 2) I had really good insurance, and the repair job was stunning...even more thankfully, I wasn't going any faster than maybe 30mph at the time....

Oh, and here's a fun fact for you...in Illinois, they consider that an at-fault accident...at least with every insurance company I've checked with.

And what really makes me mad....the deer just ran off! It didn't even have the courtesy to die!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Unfortunately, deer aren't the only dumb animals that freeze up when confronted with a sudden emergency. A couple years ago I got hit by a guy. It was raining and almost dark. I was waiting to cross traffic to pull in to a parking lot. The road ahead of me curved off to the left. As, what I thought was, the last car went by I began pulling out. Unfortunately, there was another car behind him. Because of the direction they were coming from and because he didn't have his headlights on, I didn't notice him until I started pulling out. I only got about 3 feet into the opposite lane. Instead of turning his wheel slightly to easily avoid me (there was another empty lane on his right), the guy in the other car paniked and slammed on his brakes, on a wet road with no ABS, and slide about 20 yards right into me.

Because he wasn't operating his vehicle safely (no headlights, and taking improper action in wet road conditions) my insurance said I was only partly at fault, but he completely lied about the whole situation. He said he did have his headlights on and I pulled directly in front of him. No accounting for morality these days.

2404126105_dd4a42b8b3.jpg

Reaction score
Well, the mustang HAS met the deer, and they really HIT IT OFF.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHA.
The level of stupid that reached is really why i'm laughing lol.

In my area we get just as many turkeys as we do deer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.