No CD's included?

Reaction score
Quick (and probably stupid) question for you guys. The IT guy came by and finally updated my MBP but the odd thing was there are no backup CDs at all included. I find this kinda odd, he said that they no longer ship with them.. but then I was thinking where can I get the drivers for installing windows via bootcamp? Is he off his rocker or did I miss something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6ghz 200gb HD
Quick (and probably stupid) question for you guys. The IT guy came by and finally updated my MBP but the odd thing was there are no backup CDs at all included. I find this kinda odd, he said that they no longer ship with them.. but then I was thinking where can I get the drivers for installing windows via bootcamp? Is he off his rocker or did I miss something?

I just bought a Macbook Pro last week and it definitely came with a recovery CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Yeah he is lying. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It is possible that the IT department does not supply the OS disks to the end user or they order the system with out the media.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
It is possible that the IT department does not supply the OS disks to the end user or they order the system with out the media.

Yeah exactly.

You even mentioned that you wanted to install bootcamp, if you screw that up ( I know it easy) but you could cause your machine to be un-bootable and cost company time to repair.

I would talk to your supervisior and confirm you are supposed to get the CDs

I deal with this stuff at my work all the time, But I am on the other side of the fence :) , The company I work for never provides restore cds to end users.

OP
Michael415
Reaction score
Yeah exactly.

You even mentioned that you wanted to install bootcamp, if you screw that up ( I know it easy) but you could cause your machine to be un-bootable and cost company time to repair.

I would talk to your supervisior and confirm you are supposed to get the CDs

I deal with this stuff at my work all the time, But I am on the other side of the fence :) , The company I work for never provides restore cds to end users.

I see your point, kinda, but on the flip I have a secondary machine and I watched the dude pull it out of the box so I am kinda thinking maybe it was missed. What erks me the most is I told them before they came by the system will need to dual boot. Are the recovery discs generic or specific to each machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
company provided machine? company provided rules.

OP
Michael415
Reaction score
company provided machine? company provided rules.

Not sure how that even applies, but thanks to jarredduq that it came with discs. The company doesn't care what I install, there are several other systems that dual boot that I have seen. As I thought an oversight at production combined with a lazy it guy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.