Backing up iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
I just switched to a MBP from a PC laptop. I have some iPods and my iPhone that were PC formatted. I just reformatted and reloaded one of my iPods. I know it says in iTunes that if its formatted on the other system, it cannot be updated on the Mac. Well this is not going to be so simple with my iPhone. I have 50+ contacts and a ton of calendar entries that I want to keep. Not to mention some photos I took with the phone. Is there any way to back up this information and swith the iPhone over to the Mac side?

OP
DarkKnight369
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
I found out by calling Apple support that unlike the iPods, you do not need to reformat the iPhone to get software updates when switching machines. I have everything set on my new Mac now, but I still haven't figured out how to back up my contacts to the address book.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.