• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Canada iTunes Store for sure!!!

OP
B

Badger

It's nice that they finally have moved into the Canadian market but frankly "the new has worn off the crystal chandelier."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Wicked! They have it available in almost all of Europe! Canada soon. Nice......

OP
F

fabio

bull****

that **** sucks.

sorry

but i mean, the apple marktshare from switzerland is high above the international avarage, so they have to do something, but no, "we dont care about switzerland, its to small"

sorry guys but slowly i'm going to hate apple!!

they can't to anything perfect, relating to me.
my G5 2*2.5ghz has still delivery problems, and the iTMS is still unavailable for switzerland!!
guys, you can told me wahtever you want, but it seems to me, like apple don't care about switzerland.
and this sucks.

OP
G

Gamer

It will come!

fabio said:
bull****

that **** sucks.

sorry

but i mean, the apple marktshare from switzerland is high above the international avarage, so they have to do something, but no, "we dont care about switzerland, its to small"

sorry guys but slowly i'm going to hate apple!!

they can't to anything perfect, relating to me.
my G5 2*2.5ghz has still delivery problems, and the iTMS is still unavailable for switzerland!!
guys, you can told me wahtever you want, but it seems to me, like apple don't care about switzerland.
and this sucks.
It is not that Apple does not care about you it is that Switzerland has alought of laws that no other country has and restrictions that take time to work out. Like in my country Canada there are alought of crazy copyright laws here, and it took nearly two years to get the iTunes store, but it is coming and yours will come. So just hold in there.

Oh and those G5 problems you speak of that is IBM who is the chip maker fault they are slow and stupid.

OP
F

fabio

hm, okey.
but i was told, that there were some problems with the liquid cooling system.
never mind.

i mean, i feel also punk'd, that apple sells the iTMS gift with the U2 iPod in switzerland.

cause, when i read, that the U2 iPod they are selling in the swiss stores also got a gift, i really thought "apple, thank you for that hidden clue, now i know, iTMS will tomorrow also be available in switzerland", but when i read the news, i felt realy bad.
its like to be 14y boy, getting the key to a ferrari.
you got something you need to use, but you dont have the "main-object".

OP
F

fabio

okey guys.

to access the iTMS i need only i banc account on a country that's available, dont i?
so, if i would get a banc account on a germany banc, what wouldnt be i big problem, can i surf and buy in the store??
can i only buy music in the german musicstore?
or is it also possible to buy music from the US store?
and the italy store??

does every store for every country have another music collection??
or have all the EU stores the same collection??

sorry for that much question, but i'm realy gona fu** apple, and just get me an account in germany or italy.

Reaction score
Does it matter where the iTunes store is? Just download limewire and get them free. Why pay? If they really want to stop illegal downloading, then they should shutdown these programs....... GET IT FOR FREE!

OP
E

eeloo_guy

hmm... $0.99 CDN

the apple article said that the anticipated price would be ninety nine cents CANADIAN a song, so what's to stop loads of americans and europeans from using mailing addresses in canada to get songs a lot cheaper...?

Reaction score
Maybe just change the US and other country's prices to match $.99 CA. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Gamer said:
It is not that Apple does not care about you it is that Switzerland has alought of laws that no other country has and restrictions that take time to work out. Like in my country Canada there are alought of crazy copyright laws here, and it took nearly two years to get the iTunes store, but it is coming and yours will come. So just hold in there.

Oh and those G5 problems you speak of that is IBM who is the chip maker fault they are slow and stupid.
We don't have crazy copyright laws, America does. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shaun89 said:
Does it matter where the iTunes store is? Just download limewire and get them free. Why pay? If they really want to stop illegal downloading, then they should shutdown these programs....... GET IT FOR FREE!
Number one: Apple does not have the authority to shut down the use or distribution of P2P filesharing programs.
Number two: It has been proven in a court of law that these programs are 100% legal because: they don't rely on centralized servers and therefore cannot control what their users do with the software, many of them are made by companies outside of the U.S, and their end user license agreement does not encourage sharing of copyrighted material, and it also waives them of being responsible for any "illegal" activities.

Anyway, since I don't have a credit card and hate the RIAA, I'll simply continue downloading music for free. If I do get a credit card, I'll only use it to buy independent music (and possibly some used major label music) off Amazon, because store prices are ridiculous and the iTunes Music Store is not a good value (ie not even having a disk with illustrations, lossy compression, and of course DRM). All these paysites are a ripoff, unless you're the kind of person who only wants to buy hit singles, in which case you can just tape it off the radio. And you're acting within your legal rights even in America, because the record companies have already received royalties for their music being licensed for radioplay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eeloo_guy said:
the apple article said that the anticipated price would be ninety nine cents CANADIAN a song, so what's to stop loads of americans and europeans from using mailing addresses in canada to get songs a lot cheaper...?
They're not that smart. :ninja:

OP
G

Gamer

Canada

Well I just thought that how will they sell songs in Canada? We are like the only country in the world to legalize music downloading. Plus does Apple pay its CRTC fees, it is 30 dollars that is why the iPod in Canada is $430 and not $400, so do they pay this fee? I heard somewere they were not paying it.

For those of you who do not know what the fee is for in, Canada we are allowed to download music for free, but there is a fee on all music players over 1 GB so on an iPod the fee is $30(there is a equation, for how many songs it can hold which determans the fee the CRTC charges per player.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are you talking about? America is like the only country in the world not to legalize music downloading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.