Vista verification issues

Reaction score
I've been running Vista with boot camp for a while now, but just today it won't let me on anymore. It says my copy of Windows isn't original or some nonsense like that and asks me to buy a new Key. But, if memory serves, I didn't even put in a key when I installed it. Boot camp didn't ask for one (though I could be remembering incorrectly). Why would it do this now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Yeah, Vista will install and run without a product key.....however, it'll turn turtle when the "trial" period ends, you need to provide a valid key as to what version of Vista you installed, Basic, Premium, Business or Ultimate. Boot Camp won't ask for a product key, WIndows Vista setup will and if you bypass it, it's in trial mode.

Reaction score
hey dragonseth,
i had the same problem (but in parallels) i had been running vista for awhile and then it 'turtled' up on me and said it was not an authentic version. to fix it call microsoft (verify by phone option) and then it will be a confirmed authentic version... it worked for me, hopefully it will solve your problems too

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.