Problems installing program through terminal

Reaction score
Hey

I'm quite new to Mac, so forgive me if i sound like a newb :)
I wish to install the Deluge BitTorrent client. First of all I installed Macports and made it run smooth. But then I ran into a problem when I should install Deluge. I can post the log, and then I would appreciate any help:

Hope that someone knows what to do :Smirk:

Greatings
Sixmax

View attachment log.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why are you installing through Terminal?
You're making things more difficult than they need to be.
There are plenty of bitTorrent apps that are simple drag & drop installs. That, or they come with an installer that will do this for you.

My advice would be to look for one of those.

OP
S
Reaction score
Some reasons

First of all - thank you for the quick answer :)

First of all - I know plenty of BitTorrent programs with a single .dmg-file that you mount and install from. But the reason why I'm so interested in getting this to work is that I'm going to know the "world in terminal". I'm a chessplayer, and just installed x-board through terminal, so therefore i wanted to know why i can't get this to work. I have to work with chess-engines in terminal too, so it's just to learn :)

But maybe you are right :Smirk:

Reaction score
in the log, there are several libs that are missing, fix the missing libs, then try to reinstall. It should work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.