How to backup my MacBook (10.4.11)

Reaction score
Hi, I finally got an external harddisk (WD pasport 250GB) to backup my (80gb) harddisk of my macbook (Tiger version), but since i am absolutely new to this and a lot of the info is old online, I decided to ask here. I have no idea how to do this right. I am not a techie, so easy does it for me. I downloaded Ibackup, but it looks complicated and does not seem to work either.
Any tips, ideas, suggestions are very welcome. Also urls or links to recent useful sites or explanations. Preferably 'free' or inexpensive solutions for the moment for my purse please.
Thanks

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
OP
N
Reaction score
Did I buy the wrong harddisk

Hi, thanks for your reply to my post. i downloaded superduper and reading the instructions I just found out for superduper i need a firewire harddisk and i just bought a USB 2 Western Digital passport disk... It really can't be done with USB? Which harddisk are you using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.