MacBook Pro - screen brightness

Reaction score
I just got my new macbook pro.

Im trying to ajust the screen brightness with the Fkeys, but when i press them I get the little brightness logo pop up but it will not allow me to change the brightness levels.

if i go into systems preffs I am able to ajust the brightness with the slider though.

whats up with this?

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my mbp a couple of days ago, if I press the F2 key a couple of times the logo comes on the screen dimmed and the brightness increases with every press of the button. To reduce the brightness keep pressing F1.

OP
I
Reaction score
Im downstairs on the sofer with my macbook pro now, and the brightness buttons seem to be working fine.

im loving the pro, its much nicer than the macbook, im quite supprised. Im currently testing battery life.

Reaction score
If you're in a well lit room, the background brightness will not work nor will it allow you to dim it. This happened to me and once I turned the lights down, it worked again.

Reaction score
Try this...

System preferences > Display > Uncheck "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4gHz, iTouch, MBP 2.5gHz
Just a long shot here, but is there a chance that you are using the F5 and F6 keys by mistake. They confused me the first time.

OP
I
Reaction score
Just a long shot here, but is there a chance that you are using the F5 and F6 keys by mistake. They confused me the first time.

Actually, I think originally I may have been using thoes keys. I just noticed that. What are the F5 and F6 keys for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
I just looked that up on another site:

The F5 and F6 control the level of brightness on a backlit keyboard.

The F1 and F2 control the level of screen brightness.

There, we've both learned something!

OP
I
Reaction score
I Discovered this (before I read your post) when I was in a lecture playing around. thats a cool little feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.