1-click/keystroke method of capturing screenshot for hosting online?

Reaction score
I wanted to find out what some of you would consider to be the easiest and fastest method (closest to one click/keystroke) of capturing a screenshot and then immediately uploading it to some free online image hosting service (such as imageshack.us) - and potentially capturing the hosted image URL in the process?

Does such a method to exist? If not, does anyone one to suggest an alternative method - that they would consider nearly as good as the one I've just mentioned?

I've been using the imageshack.us widget for Mac OS X, but I still think the process of: capturing a screenshot manually, finding it on my desktop and clicking and dragging it to the dashboard widget for uploading, then removing the -n prefix from the captured URL on my clipboard (that I believe imageshack places in front of files uploaded to free accounts)... well, I think you get the point - it's just far too tedious and I have to believe that there is a quicker more efficient way of doing this?

Any suggestions?

OP
M
Reaction score
I figured out a 1-click method of doing this using automator...you need to have the imageshack uploader app installed which adds the necessary automator action...and I setup a hotkey trigger using Quicksilver....

screenshottl9.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.