Dealing with App and OS windows appearing off screen edge?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to go about handling situations in which an application's windows (or Finder windows) decide that they want to show up off the edge of the screen end out of reach of being relocated (via my mouse by clicking and dragging on one of the Window's toolbars)?

I know that there are a couple of third-party applications that can assist in such a situation (such as MondoMouse & Zooom), but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that this problem can be remedied without needing to resort to yet another third-party application to handle the task.

I was thinking that perhaps Expose might be able to assist with this, but I don't really use it that much and am not sure if it can in fact help resolve such an issue...I tried using it, and tried initiating the 'All Windows' mode, but I still couldn't see one of my App's windows (that I know for a fact did exist at the time)...no luck using spaces & expose together either :(

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 4 GB
Window off screen

Just found your thread - and yes I have a similar problem. What I've discovered is a work-around, not a fix. Select the window in question (bring to the front) and then go to 'Window' on the desktop menu bar and then select 'Zoom'. This should bring the window in question to near the center of your display.

This is not a permanent fix, you will need to do this every time you restart the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you tried Exposé (system Preferences)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.