• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

GTA San Andreas is out...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
...therefore, I will not be here as much as I used to. I could be inactive for weeks at a time, because this game is going to suck me up.

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

Pick up a copy today. If you don't, your a sinner. If you do, I guess you still are a sinner...

Bye, <3 you all.

Reaction score
Looks like a good game. I played vice city for a while and it's kinda addicting. Wouldnt it be fun if it was online. It would be crazy! I dont no if ill buy this one though....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
If you thought Vice City was addicting, then this game takes that level of addictiveness to the nth degreee. So much bigger, better and just overall superb. Probably one of, if not THE best console videogame I've played in a very long time, and I'm 34.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I would buy it but i dont have a PS2. :( Anyways my money is for a mac.... maybe

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
My PS2 broke. ROAR.

But my grandma said she is going to buy me the new PStwo tomorrow. She pwns.

Reaction score
Good old Gramma! Are the new thin ones cheaper than the old ones? I jsut saw them. It looks like something to keep customers satisfied until a new system.

U

UnderOath

i currently own a ps2 and an xbox and it's been hella hard for me to go to college lately, due to the release of san andreas AND halo 2, only weeks apart! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm gonna have to get this for my PS2....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
awesome game. way too addictive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
IMO, san andreas is good, but not as good as I thought itd be, it tries t appeal to those who played nba street with the basketball game in san andreas, and does a poor job. this game was almost not worth the money. I had an xbox, but it, uh,
shares properties in M$ in that it sucks. I had a little screen and everything, but I got rid of it. theres thePSX(basically ps3) available for $1000 online, japan only, though you can get a translation disc and play us ps2 games, it comes in all sorts of colors. I still play xbox here and there, but I hate the controller, so I use an adapter that lets me use the ps2 controller on xbox.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are wrong, sir. San Andreas > Halo 2. And Xbox > PS2. Xbox controller > PS2 controller. Microsoft > Sony > Apple.

kthx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Apple doesn't make a game deck. They make a real personal computer :alien:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They did, and it failed... much like their "real" personal computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
They did, and it failed... much like their "real" personal computer.

The old Abs is back again... *sigh*

If you think they build failed computer, then what's the reason you're still using a Mac?!? Sell it, buy a PC and get happy...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But if I sell it I'll have no computer at all, and Abs would be sad and heartbroken... Abs needs a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Absolute Zero said:
You are wrong, sir. San Andreas > Halo 2. And Xbox > PS2. Xbox controller > PS2 controller. Microsoft > Sony > Apple.

kthx

Then how do you explain the fact that there is a PS2 in about 3 times as many homes as an Xbox??

Ooops, didn't mean to spell out the failed logic in your statement.

:cool: :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hey, don't you pick on poor Abs!
He's forced to use those bad Apple computer, because otherwise his heart gets broken, and he won't post anymore...that's no good, we need his sarcasm... :cool:

This gets way outta topic...

My personal experience: the PS2 sucks, even the GameCube is better...but still I prefer the Xbox...even if it's not from Apple and hase a Mocrosoft logo...shame on me... :bone:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rberry88 said:
Then how do you explain the fact that there is a PS2 in about 3 times as many homes as an Xbox??

Ooops, didn't mean to spell out the failed logic in your statement.

:cool: :bone:
Oh yeah, because the number of how many people own it means that it must be better! No, graphics, games, and sound don't count! Your right, excuse me.

Go away and stop wasting my oxygen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolute Zero said:
Oh yeah, because the number of how many people own it means that it must be better! No, graphics, games, and sound don't count! Your right, excuse me.

Go away and stop wasting my oxygen.

To each his/her own. The PS2 has, by far, the better & larger library of games. The Xbox has the best graphics and the Gamecube has the best 1st party games. I own all three but keep going back to my PS2 since there is always new & good games coming out for it.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe you'd like to visit the PS2, Xbox, & Gamecube newsgroups (usenet) and join in on the discussions, quite a fun time to be had.

:cool: :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
To Abs: Do you even understand the difference between Mac OS X and the windows registry problem? :radioacti

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.