Leopard problems HELP!!! (iam a newb)

Reaction score
Just tried to upgrade to Leopard and at first I was getting the Apple icon and the spinning w/no action. Finally got it to do something by restarting it while holding option and ran it off the disk. I then had to reinstall it. Now its asking for a name/password. It will not accept my username or password!!

help me out!!!!
thanks
henry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Have you tried leaving the fields blank and hit enter?
Try reseting the password also.
Which install method did you use?

Reaction score
Leopard needs 8 digits for your password, if you upgraded from 10.3 your will need to restart mac from install disk and change your password.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Leopard needs 8 digits for your password, if you upgraded from 10.3 your will need to restart mac from install disk and change your password.

Are you sure of that? I'm running Leopard and my password is less than 8 digits.

OP
H
Reaction score
Have you tried leaving the fields blank and hit enter?
Try reseting the password also.
Which install method did you use?

By which method I'm going to say upgrade from Leopard DVD.

When I hit enter the box just shakes. I tried the different ways of resetting the password and running it from the DVD and still nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, on the Archive and Install. Just upgrading, has been causing problems. If it still gives you a problem afterwards, do the Erase and Install.
I would recommend the Erase and Install now, if there's nothing you need saved.

OP
H
Reaction score
But will that erase everything from my computer? I have tried everything but this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
hank we all need backups and an external HDD is the go used with Time Machine or SuperDuper, and Firewire. If you backup to an external drive then consider an erase and install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But will that erase everything from my computer? I have tried everything but this.
That's why I mentioned if there's nothing you need. As Harryb said, we all need a backup. As you can see, a little problem can turn into a larger one.
But by all means, do the Archive and Install option first. And use the Erase and Install as a last resort.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.