iPhoto issue

Reaction score
Last night I was importing some pictures and videos from my digital camera to my macbook. I chose to delete the originals off the camera. At first it only imported half of my photos, and they were accessible through iPhoto and viewable. Then I imported the remaining photos. After doing this, the original half of the imported photos thumbnails were still intact but when i clicked for the larger image it was just a gray screen. It says the file sizes are 0, and when I went to track down the film roll folder, it was empty. Does anyone have any idea what happened to these pictures or how to get them back? I tried a media recover program on the memory card and couldn't access those specific pictures. The thumbnails are still showing up in my iphoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I think you may have lost the originals. Right-click on the thumbnail and select "Show Original File". If that isn't an option, I believe its gone. Suggestion (I think you might have learned this the hard way): Always check to be sure the image(s) are in tact on the computer before you delete them off the memory card.

OP
J
Reaction score
I did that and its not coming up, but I did check to see if they were there after I deleted them off the card - Like I said, I checked to make sure they were in iphoto, then i imported a second batch, then they were inaccessible, this is why I dont believe theyre gone, they were there and I did nothinng to delete them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.