• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple MacBook And MacBook Pro to get redesigned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
that's kind of surprising since the current aluminum Macs are pretty resistant to scratches.

Well the current MBP is just pure alloy, not colored or anodized in any way. If the MB was to be black and alloy i would want it with something as strong as Epxoy on it.

/LeAstrale - The new guy

Reaction score
It shouldnt, i mean its not like they are using NASA grade titanium or something lol, they are only using aluminum which is quite cheap. Also wont add to the weight cause like someone above me mentioned aluminum would be lighter than plastic. I just hope that if they do go aluminum on the macbooks (which is pretty inevitable) that they offer it in black.

Well the current MBP is just pure alloy, not colored or anodized in any way. If the MB was to be black and alloy i would want it with something as strong as Epxoy on it.

/LeAstrale - The new guy

EXACTLY! It's the black coating that's easy to mess up aluminum, and I'd hope that they would put something really strong over that, but even then, you'll see the same problem as you do on any painted or coated laptop (think dells), where all the corners are worn through to the raw aluminum that's a completely different color. All the old Dells at work have that on the corners and the palmrests. It's really ugly and will kill the macbooks currently awesome resale value.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
lol after hearing that if they even do offer it in black than i would most certainly buy the plain brushed aluminum one, that would not be cool having spots worn down to bare aluminum on the black. June cant possibly come fast enough though :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
I seem to be the only one who likes the white plastic macbooks! not that I don't think aluminium is cool, but there is already a range of macbook pros offering this also the power books. I just think there should be more variation on the apple notebook line?

Reaction score
I seem to be the only one who likes the white plastic macbooks! not that I don't think aluminium is cool, but there is already a range of macbook pros offering this also the power books. I just think there should be more variation on the apple notebook line?

I wish they would do the same pastels series as the eee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
EXACTLY! It's the black coating that's easy to mess up aluminum, and I'd hope that they would put something really strong over that, but even then, you'll see the same problem as you do on any painted or coated laptop (think dells), where all the corners are worn through to the raw aluminum that's a completely different color. All the old Dells at work have that on the corners and the palmrests. It's really ugly and will kill the macbooks currently awesome resale value.

Well, it couldn't be any worse than the way the white Macbook get repulsively discolored by simply resting your hands on them when you type. I think if you're good to your laptop and the only thing it feels on the corners are the soft touch of a good sleeve, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Hmmm, black aluminum Macbook and MBP rumors, black iPhone rumors . . . I think I know who would make a good artist for the WWDC music performance!! :) (probably not, Jobs doesn't seem to be into classic rock)

Reaction score
Well, it couldn't be any worse than the way the white Macbook get repulsively discolored by simply resting your hands on them when you type. I think if you're good to your laptop and the only thing it feels on the corners are the soft touch of a good sleeve, it shouldn't be a big problem.

That's no longer a problem. Apple really sucks to not replace those for people who aren't still covered by applecare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
I just bought a Pro. Im not sorry about it. If they change them considerably, well then we'll have to see.. I like what I have now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
I just bought a Pro. Im not sorry about it. If they change them considerably, well then we'll have to see.. I like what I have now.

You my friend, have the perfect attitude about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4; 1.5 DDR SDRAM; 15"
Well, I would say wiat, but it seems that the new models never come when you wait. I waited months before buying my 24" iMac...I finally bought it...two weeks later, the upgraded models came out. The good thing is that they do sometimes reimburse you for the difference in price if it happens soon enough after you buy yours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I was thinking of buying a MBP but now i will wait. I have a blackbook so that can keep me company until something new and spiffy is released

T

tux08902

Does it really matter if you have the latest and the greatest so long as it fulfills your needs? This is my first Mac, and I bought it for college. Plus, MacMall had a nice rebate going, so mine cost me about $300 less than what it would've cost me had I bought it directly from Apple. I also went for the base model because in the end, 2.4 is not noticably slower than 2.6 GHz. Once I upgrade RAM to 4GB, I'll be good and flying hopefully for at least two years, if not more than that. As an incoming engineering student, I'll need something good for that, but this MacBook Pro certainly won't hold me back, and it's not like the design on this thing is lacking. So let Apple release their new laptops. I won't be buying one anytime soon because I already have a great Mac with lots of life left in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Aluminum for the macbooks, magnesium for the macbook pros?? I've had a few magnesium cassed products that ie really enjoyed over the years....

Reaction score
I don't know if I can wait until September to buy a MB. I'll just buy one now and upgrade later

Reaction score
I might just have to get a Macbook pro now, because I love their current design lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

/LeAstrale - The new guy

The MacBook Pro casing is indeed anodised aluminium, and so was that of the PowerBook G4 before it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD
Any chance the next MB or MBP's will have a Blu-ray drive in them? I'm kinda waiting to see if that's the case for this upcoming update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Those drives are still pretty pricey, if anything they'll be a rather expensive optional upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I think there is a good chance we will be Blu Ray drives, but not Blu Ray recorders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD
I think there is a good chance we will be Blu Ray drives, but not Blu Ray recorders.

I would be happy with playback-only Blu-ray. I don't do alot of DVD-R recording anyway, so I doubt I'd need to record at all. I just wanna watch movies on it, and I'm planning on starting my Blu-ray disc collection soon. Also, I don't have a Blu-ray player right now anyway, so this would give me an excuse to start buying the discs. I'm a bit of a road warrior in a way, I take my notebook everywhere I go. I have alot of down-time when I'm not flying, so this would be something new to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.