• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple MacBook And MacBook Pro to get redesigned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wouldn't make that assumption. Apple hasn't announced anything yet and the MBP just had a major refresh in January. The new Intel chipset has been delayed, which will likely further push back any product updates.

Buy the machine you need now and it will continue to serve those needs long after an updated model is released.

Yeah, that is true. If I get the MBP now, I will definitely be happy with it even if there is an updated version coming out soon. I'll give it a few more weeks to hear more news though. Can't really hurt I guess, since my PBG4 still runs very well.

T

tux08902

In my opinion, a better CPU doesn't guarantee much these days, especially in mobile sector because companies have only been able to scale to dual-core. I'd rather go for more RAM than for a better CPU. The difference between 2.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz or even 2.2 GHz and 2.6 GHz is not that big.

I bought my MBP in May. I love it, and I really don't need more than what I have right now. I'm not going to care about the product refresh.

Reaction score
By the time you ready to buy the latest product, there will be a new thread speculating the next update - will you postpone your purchase again? :p

Of course, if your current machine is still running fine, it would not hurt to wait awhile more.

Reaction score
Im waiting more for a graphics card update... I do alot of gaming and would like a little more out of the system than an 8600m.

Anyone know when the MBP incase hardshell is coming out? Id want the clear/frost one, since incase > speck, etc.

Reaction score
By the time you ready to buy the latest product, there will be a new thread speculating the next update - will you postpone your purchase again? :p

Of course, if your current machine is still running fine, it would not hurt to wait awhile more.

Haha, well i just don't want to make the same mistake last time. I didn't wait the extra month and a half to get one of the first core duo macs, or whatever they were. I'm happy with mine, but I realize that I could have had a better mac had I waited a bit longer.

Im waiting more for a graphics card update... I do alot of gaming and would like a little more out of the system than an 8600m.

Anyone know when the MBP incase hardshell is coming out? Id want the clear/frost one, since incase > speck, etc.

How much gaming do you do? 8600m graphics card is a lot better than the GeForce FX Go5200 thats in mine.

Reaction score
Haha, well i just don't want to make the same mistake last time. I didn't wait the extra month and a half to get one of the first core duo macs, or whatever they were. I'm happy with mine, but I realize that I could have had a better mac had I waited a bit longer.

How much gaming do you do? 8600m graphics card is a lot better than the GeForce FX Go5200 thats in mine.

Well my life is pretty full, so if Im not busy Im either playing guitar, recording, or gaming. So alot of gaming, heh. And the 8600m isnt really that powerful, its just because its DX10 certified that people like it (even though DX10 sucks so far), the upper end 7900's will beat it no problem. Im hoping itll get something like a 9700m with the next up date, but we'll see.

Reaction score
Oh I see. I guess I don't know a whole lot about graphics cards. I play only a few games, I guess only one right now, and I'd imagine that the 8600m would support it much better than the GeForce FX Go5200 does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
That makes two of us. I'm heading to the apple store first thing saturday morning :D

me too! the day is finally about to be here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Reaction score
Wow, I was really hoping Apple would release the newly redesigned MBP around June. Guess that is not going to happen....I guess I'm going to hold out till they release the new MBPs....

Reaction score
Okay guys. Im going to be a new mac user when I buy my macbook. so i need some suggestions. This rumor about the new macbooks isn't conformed yet, b/c i heard from my friend that its coming out with a new case and faster cpu. but the thing is on the apple site there is also the new mac os x snow leopard coming out. So this is where my my trouble starts. Should I wait for the new redesign of the new macbook said to come out soon or should I wait for the snow leopard to come out then buy my macbook, but I also want the back2school deal. Suggestions...

Reaction score
Okay guys. Im going to be a new mac user when I buy my macbook. so i need some suggestions. This rumor about the new macbooks isn't conformed yet, b/c i heard from my friend that its coming out with a new case and faster cpu. but the thing is on the apple site there is also the new mac os x snow leopard coming out. So this is where my my trouble starts. Should I wait for the new redesign of the new macbook said to come out soon or should I wait for the snow leopard to come out then buy my macbook, but I also want the back2school deal. Suggestions...

Snow Leopard is not going to have significant new features, bells or whistles like Leopard did coming from Tiger. On that front I say don't wait.

If you like the way the macbook looks now, then the best thing to do is get it when the back to school deals start coming out. Especially if you need a computer for school. Otherwise you could be waiting for quite some time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Don't wait, MBP might be this year, but most likely not until late 08 or even 09. Snow Leopard isn't until 09, which if you care that much you can upgrade to later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
M-M-My ears are ringing and I am jumping for joy..:D

lolwut.jpg

Reaction score
Don't wait, MBP might be this year, but most likely not until late 08 or even 09. Snow Leopard isn't until 09, which if you care that much you can upgrade to later.

MBP will be out in a couple of months, not late 2008.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
MBP will be out in a couple of months, not late 2008.

Yep you cant say that for sure. No one can possibly no when it will come out. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
Where did you hear this from?

I say that it is more likely it will be Q3 and not Q4. Heard so from MacRumours and AppleInsider. Also, the MBP was due a refresh in WWDC but was delayed by the montevina delay. Montevina is due July 14th. MB and MBP are expected shortly after that in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.