how to convert video files to mpeg4?

Reaction score
does anyone know which program would be best suited for me as i want to convert a mixture of video files including Avi etc to mpeg4 format .

thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I find that the free ffmpegX does a brilliant job of handling just about any video format

It basically opens up hidden conversion routines in Unix that usually need to accessed through terminal commands

Its a little confusing at first since you have to download and link 3 other files that provide some of the conversion, but once set-up it works a treat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
also if you got spare money laying around (and if that is the case send some to me!!) try visual hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I think you posted in the wrong section (this is audio, there is a 'video' section too ;))
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/isquint.html
But I haven't been able to try that yet, but I sure will as soon as I can. Looks nice.

iSquint works like a charm. Only thing I've every used, very simple, but gets the job done. (It's not restricted to just ipod quality, but most people use it for that. I use it for everything and it's just fine.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.