total newbie needs help

Reaction score
I have a website hosting company but have absolutely no idea how to upload my lightroom built website to its server, the file manager has many folders but I do not know which files to put where, my lightroom website folder contains a folder called bin which contains images (small, medium, large and thumbs) a index html and a folder called resources which has a few files and folders, gallery .swf, a few xmls and a javscript file, please help I am a fish out of water here but would very much like to learn what files go where, thanks very much. :Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
S
Reaction score
sorry I am really stupid, that makes no sense to me, i have folders in my website hosting companies file manager, i have

public_ftp
public_html
tmp

these seem to be the most important, i cannot upload the whole folder that lightroom created it will only let me upload individual files, sorry I know I am way behind the rest of the planet but am trying to learn the simplest way of creating a professional looking flash website and uploading it, cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Well, public_html and www may be point to the same place. What you can do is try posting a test file on one site and see if you can get to it. Then you know you have the correct directory for uploading/FTP'ing your files to.

If you need to, you can create a folder in that location then (e.g. the www directory) called 'test' and upload all those files. Then browsing to that location in your web browser will let you know if it's working or not (e.g. www.websitename.com/test). Once you get it all tweaked you can then publish it to your main directory (right in the root of www or whichever).

Reaction score
It seems you are using the online file manager?

You need an FTP application in order to upload an entire folder. I don't personally use this but it's a free one I know people have used. http://cyberduck.ch/.

You should have an FTP username and login - then you log into the server and choose where you want to upload your files.

The public_html folder is normally the one you would need to upload into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.