MS Powerpoint compatibility question

Reaction score
My sister has 2 computers, 1 Windows and 1 Mac. She prefers the Mac. She needs to get MS Powerpoint for school. If she buys PP for Mac, will the presentations she creates be able to run on the Windows based computers at school?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yes, they will. I just tested this, using Office Mac: 2004. I created a simple preso, put it onto a USB stick and tried opening it on my work laptop (PC, Windows XP), which is using Office 2003. Worked like a charm. Go ahead, it should be safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sure. Just tell her to remember to "save as Powerpoint 2000 - 2004" as I'm guessing the school won't have Office 2007 installed on their PCs yet (and Office 2008 for mac uses the new Office XML formats by default that the older versions can't read).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 160GB. iPod nano... old school one.
I did this for Anatomy and Physiology class. It went back and forth between my Mac and the schools Vista. It also worked on the schools XP and I didn't do anything special for either one. It worked like native.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Works perfect but I prefer Keynote which does same thing just food for thought... ps ms office 2008 is also more impressive than i originally thought

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.