Unlocking keys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 1.83 ghz, 512 mb RAM, 60 gb HD
For some reason the whole bottom row of the keyboard on my macbook isn't working. I think I accidently hit some buttons that froze up the bottom keys. The slash key does work though. Z through the period doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm not saying that you did.... but that sounds more like what happens when something is spilled on it.

If you are under warranty, it would be worth a trip to an Apple Store to have it checked out... unless you actually did spill something on it... then you are out of luck with the warranty.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 1.83 ghz, 512 mb RAM, 60 gb HD
Unfortunately I've been out of warranty for over a year, and no, I didn't spill anything on it. I have no idea what happened. It seems to go in and out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Might be worth a visit anyway to see if they can tell you what's up. Going in and out might be a lose connection of some sort... in which case you might need to replace the keyboard, and it'll be cheaper to do it yourself than to get Apple to (or it is here in England at any rate).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Or you could get it open and check that the keyboard is connected properly. Dunno if you're the kinda person that likes cracking their laptop open though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.