• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you think about végétarisme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What do you think about végétarisme without not only meat, but fish and milk either? I know people who feel great without these products! Is it a habit? :) How do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Aren't those people called vegans?

Reaction score
What do you think about végétarisme without not only meat, but fish and milk either? I know people who feel great without these products! Is it a habit? :) How do you think?

Veganism?

I was a Vegan, and a Vegetarian for many years.

It depends on your eating habits, not what you eat.

What are you trying to get at?

Are you interested in being a Vegan? Do you want some advice? Are you just trolling?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
Vegans, lol. People that like to force their B.S. views on how people should eat on others.

Here's some crap they were passing out on campus. I lol'd for a while.
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If a vegetarian gets to preaching to me about cruelty to animals and the bad conditions of the animals, (which rarely ever happens) I tell them that the problem isn't how we treat animals. The root problem is human overpopulation. Eating meat is a natural thing, but there's just too many people in the world who need to eat, so we're forced to overproduce animals and pack them into cramped spaces on farms to compensate for the demand of meat. So, if they want to help the situation, don't have any children!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I agree with you completely fleurya. I attack the situation from both ends. I became a vegetarian and don't plan on having a kid/kids to help control the human population.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to take a few humorous pokes at the idea of vegetarianism. I was getting worried for a bit that we had become too politically correct. Glad to see some debate starting to occur.

I am not sure that we need to take sides though. It is a personal issue in the end. Some people are not comfortable eating meat, some are. The human animal is an omnivore - we are capable of eating and making our necessary nutrition from both animal and vegetable sources. Hence we can each choose how we wish to nourish ourselves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Have you ever tasted a BBQ'd t-bone steak? If so, you know what I think about them types...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I had a couple vegan friends in high school. After graduation we went on a trip to Japan. We ate at a local Wendy's that advertised a garden burger. They thought it meant is was a vegetarian burger, but we later learned that the name only meant the burger had a lot of vegetables on it. It was hard to keep from laughing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That image that says "If everyone would cute their meat consumption in half, billions of animals would be spared from the suffering.." is kinda funny..

It wouldn't spare them, they'd just get slaughtered/consumed slower, at least I'd think so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
That image that says "If everyone would cute their meat consumption in half, billions of animals would be spared from the suffering.." is kinda funny..

It wouldn't spare them, they'd just get slaughtered/consumed slower, at least I'd think so.

Yup...i'm not deciding my daily food intake because some
ohnoes.gif
wants to protest the treatment of animals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I killed two tomatoes tonight. I feel so dirty. I mean, it's like abortion, all of those seed that will *never* grow into baby tomato plants. These were tomatoes on a vine no less. I had to pluck them from their vine. I hope I didn't hurt them too much.

It's not like I enjoyed it. Well, the ranch dressing did taste good on them, but really I tried not to enjoyed it at all. I cut them in half. Then in quarters. Then in eighths. All those potential little lives.

Who speaks for the tomatoes in the world? Who speaks for the plants? Sure, you talk about animals and fish and eggs and milk, but plants don't talk or move or have a very good lobby. No one protects them. They just eat them.

At least we didn't have bread tonight. Poor little wheat kernels, crushed and ground for flour and baked for the pleasure of thoughtless unfeeling wheat eaters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yup...i'm not deciding my daily food intake because some
ohnoes.gif
wants to protest the treatment of animals.

It's called Natural Selection.. They're just unfortunately lower on the food chain. I mean, yeah, they're killed en-mass in a "not so friendly" way. However, we as humans are bigger and are carnivores (or omnivores, or vegetarian/vegan). That's just the way it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I killed two tomatoes tonight. I feel so dirty. I mean, it's like abortion, all of those seed that will *never* grow into baby tomato plants. These were tomatoes on a vine no less. I had to pluck them from their vine. I hope I didn't hurt them too much.

It's not like I enjoyed it. Well, the ranch dressing did taste good on them, but really I tried not to enjoyed it at all. I cut them in half. Then in quarters. Then in eighths. All those potential little lives.

Who speaks for the tomatoes in the world? Who speaks for the plants? Sure, you talk about animals and fish and eggs and milk, but plants don't talk or move or have a very good lobby. No one protects them. They just eat them.

At least we didn't have bread tonight. Poor little wheat kernels, crushed and ground for flour and baked for the pleasure of thoughtless unfeeling wheat eaters.

What can I say... ROFL!

Absolutely excellent MO. I especially love the reference to the unsung plight of those poor, poor wheat kernels! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
uh oh, mad cow's hitting the brain!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uh oh, mad cow's hitting the brain!

If you have access to a PC equipped with either Powerpoint (Office 97 or better) or OpenOffice.org (2.4 or better), download this Powerpoint presentation. It is a hilarious test to determine if your cow has mad cow disease. Open it and then double click the sound icon under each cow to run the "test". I still fall of my chair laughing when I play with this, and I have had it for years.

BTW unfortunately this does not work on a Mac, even one with MS Office installed, as the embedded sound files seem to need Windows Media Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.