• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you think about végétarisme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah

Reaction score
I get ALL your points. And agree with them... Organic farms are DISGUSTING in general. Rats, bugs, maggots, everything that lives in filth, is right there with your food. I refuse to drink it. But people pays handsome amounts of money, just to not have any. :Confused: To each his own.

not a problem; vegan diet would likely not include milk, bad example. think it though before typing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I get ALL your points. And agree with them, mainly because I could care less what people eat. BUT. I do have to disagree with your claims of food. Chemicals and all. I work in agriculture. My family has been produceing food for yours for years. And I think the "Chemical" claims are much more over the top. Organic, for example, is a market, not a cause. Organic milk, for example, is a JOKE. The dairies claim to be organic when not a single test can tell the difference between organic milk, and non organic milk. They post all sorts of misleading information on there labels such as "pesticide free" and "No antibiotics." When NO MILK can enter the market with ANY of those things. Just because its not on the label, dont mean its there. The difference is whether or not the animals are given hormone shots. Hormones that they already have naturally, but are just given more of. Its still in the milk, and in the same amounts, organic or not. Its a joke, and to top if off, if you were to visit a organic farm, and a normal one, you would be very surprised. Organic farms are DISGUSTING in general. Rats, bugs, maggots, everything that lives in filth, is right there with your food. I refuse to drink it. But people pays handsome amounts of money, just to not have any. :Confused: To each his own. But well said Ghostshadow

I totally agree, that's one of the problems. The food industry is very misleading, there is so much you have to watch. The only way to truly stay organic (in my opinion) is to:

1: Don't buy from corporate chains / corporate companies that are hopping onto this "Organic bandwagon", it's not organic at all. Some smaller companies that have been doing it for a long time are much more watchful about the food they produce.

2: Grow your own food, it's not THAT hard to have a garden, there are many people out there that have a small patch of land to grow stuff on. You can grow plants to eat, it saves money and you know what's in it, you just have to be aware of the seeds you buy, make sure they are from a reputable source. You can make your own tofu, soy milk, rice milk,almond milk, as well.

When I mentioned chemicals and poisons, I was most definitely talking about the hormones, steroids, artificial inseminators, harmful pesticides,high fructoses corn syrup, etc. All of these unnatural chemicals are being put into the foods and animals we consume. This stuff is bad for you and it's bad for the plants and animals too, it's just unnatural and it can effect your health tremendously.

I will always say, support your local farmers for your meat and dairy if you choose to consume it. Sometimes it's not the top solution and the local farmer could execute the same practices as the big factory farms do, but most of the time they aren't industrialized like that, they don't pump drugs into everything they own for hopes it'll be fatter and richer. (at least the ones I see and know of) I agree with you CL33Zero.

Reaction score
not a problem; vegan diet would likely not include milk, bad example. think it though before typing.

I do know this, but that wasnt my point. But Im sure you thought everything through. I will follow your example from now on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
There was a group distributing free Vegan cookies on my campus a little while ago. And honestly, no offense, they tasted like dirt!!(And I thought I had grabbed a sugar cookie!!) I went out and bought a real cookie after that, I don't understand how a cookie could be made without milk or eggs, my friends and me afterwards tried naming what foods taste good that a vegan would like too, and we came up with nothing, except fruit and vegetables.

So I'm sorry I can't live without a steak every week, or grilled chicken, or fish, eggs, milk, and anything else that tastes good!

One question do vegans eat Honey?? That is one thing that my friends and I were trying to decide, and we went to the Bee Movie for a decision, but it probably is wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
There was a group distributing free Vegan cookies on my campus a little while ago. And honestly, no offense, they tasted like dirt!!(And I thought I had grabbed a sugar cookie!!) I went out and bought a real cookie after that, I don't understand how a cookie could be made without milk or eggs, my friends and me afterwards tried naming what foods taste good that a vegan would like too, and we came up with nothing, except fruit and vegetables.

So I'm sorry I can't live without a steak every week, or grilled chicken, or fish, eggs, milk, and anything else that tastes good!

One question do vegans eat Honey?? That is one thing that my friends and I were trying to decide, and we went to the Bee Movie for a decision, but it probably is wrong.

I think you grabbed something bad or they don't know how to freaking bake! You DONT have to use eggs or cows milk in allot of baked goods, yes, a recipe may call for eggs, you can use other ingredients that take place of an egg, like a banana or egg replacer, tofu, etc. You don't taste egg in anything you bake anyways, it's the same way with replacing it, you don't taste it at all, there is really no difference. Eggs just hold everything together because they are slimy and sticky. Substitute it and you get the same result.

Milk : Soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, etc. ALL work the exact same, and taste just as well if not better.

I don't know what these people did, but it shouldn't taste like dirt, I guarantee 100% and a fat stack of cash that I could bake something that's vegan and set it side by side the same thing that's not vegan and you won't be able to tell a difference ;) - You just gotta know how to cook, some people cook poorly and then give it away to poor saps on the street :p

Some people use honey, but most true vegans don't really use it because of the way the bees are treated etc. I don't eat honey, I think it tastes like a-rse. I was never a fan of it at all.

Reaction score
I've been veg for about 6 months, and I thought I would miss meat a lot. But after you don't eat it for about a month, you don't miss it anymore. I feel healthier, although I must admit, the energy boost I was expecting is highly overrated. ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have had milk free, egg free and glun free products and they taste good. You may have gotten a bad cookie or the person does not know how to make those cookies yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.