• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you think about végétarisme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
aww.... someone booted that guy the message was for. He was taking everyone way to seriously. lol

I have a Mac, Mac57. We are on Mac-Forums. This is not Window-Forums and your name isn't Windows57. How dare you even imagine I own a Windows box or have access to one!

Reaction score
aww.... someone booted that guy the message was for. He was taking everyone way to seriously. lol

I have a Mac, Mac57. We are on Mac-Forums. This is not Window-Forums and your name isn't Windows57. How dare you even imagine I own a Windows box or have access to one!

Lmao. This is one funny thread. And Mathogre, that was great!

F

Fallooza

i almost went vegan until i found out corn dogs dont grow on trees.

(no corns or dogs were harmed during the typing of this post)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I tried it about 35 years ago - don't know what I was thinking.

Of course with all the other things this old hippie was doing back then, probably wasn't doing much thinking at all ...

All I can say now is ...

Where's the Beef

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD

Now now now Bryan, I have a Mac too, but I am forced to work with Windows on a daily basis because of work. I know that a lot of us here are in the same boat.

You are clearly a lucky fellow, if you do not have the Windows boat anchor foisted on you daily. Excellent, I am glad to hear it. For the rest of you, do check out the presentation. It is ROFL funny!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the privledge of working on a Dell at work. It's probably too old (P3 500MHz) to run a media file in Powerpoint. It also doesn't have speakers.

OP
S
Reaction score
They thought it meant is was a vegetarian burger, but we later learned that the name only meant the burger had a lot of vegetables on it. It was hard to keep from laughing.

:D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
this thread is hilarious. Im glad people can say their opinions without having to be "politically correct".

i hate vegans, every time there around and i want a burger, they call me a "savage" or "your insensitive to my feelings eating meat around me".

I say. your dumb for not eating meat. We have always eaten meat, and by not eating meat you are going against our humane nature. and your being insensitive for calling me names because i am just following my instincts. now leave me alone wile i eat this delicious choped up cow on a bun.

and MO, i feel the same way. PLANTS HAVE FEELING TOO YOU KNOW. :)

i love this community (L)

Reaction score
To quote Kenny from Kenny vs. Spenny: (in a roaring and drooling voice) "I haven't eaten meat in three days, i'm meat crazy, I need meat, I need carni flesh, I need to drink the blood of the beassst."

Meat is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only vegan I've met didn't pass along any of that propaganda. She took me to her favorite restaurant and it was delicious. I was tempted to switch before but that meal was like dairy free icing on the cake.
I've been a vege for two + years now. I don't care if people eat meat in front of me as long as they're respectful of my choice of eating habits.

There is a line between being funny and rude Kman. I think you crossed the line there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
I dont think i crossed the line. but if offended you. im sorry.

i do respect people who choose not to eat meat. just gets me ticked off when they call me names cause i eat meat. so when i said "I hate vegans", i didnt mean all vegans, only the ones that impose on me and MY eating habits. I dont say anything to them and respect them for not eating meat, why cant they just leave me alone and respect my choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It originally read that you hated all vegans because of a few bad seeds.

I totally agree with you though. That type of person needs to keep their opinions to themselves.

Just watch your grammar and punctuation; it's all over the place. What you're saying can be quite confusing. It also makes you look less intelligent than I know you are from the years of posts I've read of yours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
Yup...i'm not deciding my daily food intake because some
ohnoes.gif
wants to protest the treatment of animals.

hahaha i just lol'd

jah

Reaction score
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

ya we all hunt at the Safeway

Vegetarian... a good way to control your body fat.

there are alot of options these days and eating meat or not is not as big an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't think about them one way or the other. We all must make our own choices and in a free world should be able to do that without criticism. Applies to so many other things also commencing with religious beliefs right through, I guess, to using Apple computers.

Reaction score
Aren't those people called vegans?

I think we may call them just "Vegetables" :D

Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Ha-ha! lol! I like this definition! ;D

Well, to be serious.. I don't understand vegans.. I am convinced that man need meat besides vegetables because it is in his blood from primitive Cro-Magnon man times... :Smirk:
But maybe it is a good way to loose weight.. I don't know. I don't have such problem yet.. And I hope I won't.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yep, of course, I agree that people who do not eat meat (fish, eggs, milk) should respect other habits and must not attract other attention that they do not eat something. They shouldn't tell "I'm vegan" for example... I guess, the phrase "Thanks, I don't want now" will be enough :)
I adore cooking meat with spagetti for example for my fiancé even without tasting it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but I decided to speak up a little. I've said in in another thread about being veg. Showing so much hate toward a vegan makes no one better than they are. I notice some people say they love meat and they love products derived from animals, and vegans are stupid a-holes for not wanting to consume or use the product. These people then flap their gums about how you're meant to eat meat and how you're retarted for thinking anything should be different, they scauff at vegetarians and vegans because they have an opinon. Guess what though! You're doing the exact same thing as the extreme psychopathic vegan kid is doing, no one ever realizes this. You're shoving your beliefs and point of view onto someone that doesn't eat meat. We veg people can't get a break, it's on us more-so than what it is with people that consume animal products, we hated on quite a bit, even when we're not causing a fuss.

It's just like religion, no offense to anyones religion, but I notice it in a few religions, people try to force their beliefs onto someone else because they think the other person is wrong because of their religious belief, that's not right at all!

I think some people should re-read / read through the thread link I posted to, there is some information in it.

People get the wrong impression about people that are vegan or vegetarian, it is true, some people have spoiled it for us all, because now everyone has a specific image about a vegan, everyone thinks they are out to lecture everyone, that's not true.The ones that give us a bad stereotype. In the past, people have done major acts of stupidity to give us a bad name. Everyone associates vegans as being one of these people that throw dead animal carcasses onto people or dump blood on themselves to state a point. That's not true at all. I have participated in organized demonstrations, but I have never once seen anyone act like a huge a-hole like the stereotype portrays. Some people (i'm included) don't say anything to anyone about what they should be eating. I don't think you're in the right to force your beliefs onto anyone, what I do, do, is make suggestions. People are miss informed about what they are putting into their bodies, some don't care, which is fine to me, you'll be dead eventually from slowly poisoning yourself over time. Other people are looking to be healthier, or just want to know what's in their food.

I really like knowing what I'm putting into my body. Before I didn't really care. But after I became veg, I started realizing all of the things I was putting into my body, chemicals aren't good for you. I feel 100% different and better than I used too. I definitely feel more lively and healthier all around. It's a good feeling. I try to help some people out if they seem like they are clueless about everything, like all of the mytho's of protein and other nutrient deficiencies.

Yawn.. I hate repeating myself.

They shouldn't tell "I'm vegan" for example... I guess, the phrase "Thanks, I don't want now" will be enough

I don't that's entirely true, it'd be like a diabetic saying they can't eat something. I'm just going to assume it's the language barrier here, English isn't your first language. I don't think it's a problem telling someone you can't eat something because you're vegetarian or vegan, the only problem is the way you treat someone when you tell them, you can't have a biased opinion, or force your belief onto someone. We get treated harshly sometimes, people think we're insane, and sometimes it's hurtful when someone acts like you're a nutbag for being veg, it's a loaded gun when you say you're vegetarian or vegan, sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot when you decline something you can't eat and then make others aware of your eating habits because you always get the same 10 idiot questions, and then they tell you you're wrong and you need to change.

Anyways, what I'm saying is; I think you should tell someone if you're in a situation where you can't eat what others are eating, it's just like someone that has celiac sprue, you can't eat gluten and people have to know that, otherwise it'd make you very sick and you could die from ingesting certain "foreign" bodies, or restricted consumables.

Reaction score
I get ALL your points. And agree with them, mainly because I could care less what people eat. BUT. I do have to disagree with your claims of food. Chemicals and all. I work in agriculture. My family has been produceing food for yours for years. And I think the "Chemical" claims are much more over the top. Organic, for example, is a market, not a cause. Organic milk, for example, is a JOKE. The dairies claim to be organic when not a single test can tell the difference between organic milk, and non organic milk. They post all sorts of misleading information on there labels such as "pesticide free" and "No antibiotics." When NO MILK can enter the market with ANY of those things. Just because its not on the label, dont mean its there. The difference is whether or not the animals are given hormone shots. Hormones that they already have naturally, but are just given more of. Its still in the milk, and in the same amounts, organic or not. Its a joke, and to top if off, if you were to visit a organic farm, and a normal one, you would be very surprised. Organic farms are DISGUSTING in general. Rats, bugs, maggots, everything that lives in filth, is right there with your food. I refuse to drink it. But people pays handsome amounts of money, just to not have any. :Confused: To each his own. But well said Ghostshadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.