Results in XCode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Core 2 Duo w/ 1GB Ram
I have been reading through the Becoming an XCoder pdf and the user Guids for XCode and I can't figure something out. In the guide it gives you a sample program that calculates the area of a circle and a rectangle, it says to press the build and go button and the results will be displayed in the run log. I cannot find the runlog box. I found a box called build results that displays the results, errors and the returned state but not a box that displays the output of the program. I have no errors in the code according to XCode. Do I have to enable something to display the results or am I hitting the wrong button?

I started the project as a command line utility like the file said, could this maybe be an error or require me to enable some control? I have never used a development environment before, I am used to compiling with gcc and then running a.out. Thanks for the help, overall XCode seems pretty good and Objective C is not hard to pick up at all if you now C fairly well.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Core 2 Duo w/ 1GB Ram
OK, I think I just solved my own problem maybe. I was debugging my code and I was looking at the console output and it displayed the results there. Is that what is referred to as the run window or is that something else?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.