Anybody heard about iPhone adding Sprint?

Reaction score
Hi I heard a rumor from my cousin that Apple was going to add Verizon and Sprint to its service list...

Anybody else heard this?

I have a contract with Sprint I don't want to break but I really want an iPhone.

Thanks,
Jerod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Not bloody likely. Apple reportedly has a 5-year exclusive contract with AT&T, and they aren't even a year into it. Besides, their phone isn't even compatible with Sprint's or Verizon's networks. Verizon and Sprint are in denial anyways... having rolled or about to roll out phones that they have labeled "iPhone killers." What a hoot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
lifeisabeach is correct, only way Verizon and Sprint are going to see the iPhone is in four years.

Reaction score
Hi I heard a rumor from my cousin that Apple was going to add Verizon and Sprint to its service list...

Anybody else heard this?

I have a contract with Sprint I don't want to break but I really want an iPhone.

Thanks,
Jerod

I know how you feel! I am just waiting for my Sprint contact to expire so I can switch over to an iPhone. Only consolation I have is that by the time I do switch over the iPhone will be much improved. I understand I have features on my Palm Centro that are not available on the iPhone........yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you guys can't wait for the iPhone, check out the next best thing (or better in some ways) on your current network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or better in some ways
Gizmodo doesn't agree:

[...]Plus, it locked up when I was messing around with the music store, and needed a hard reset for the more money shot voice command features, which still didn't quite work (or finding a McDonald's is just too much). And the web browser doesn't, um, touch mobile Safari, at least not in its present state.

There's no accelerometer and website viewing is landscape only (conversely, navigation is portrait only). No pinching or pulling, either, you tap a zoom button multiple times to get the level you want. Bleh. It tries to make up for being less dynamic with a mode that lets you pan through a site by moving the phone around, using the camera as the sensor. But, it didn't quite work, at least not for Giz, which loaded painfully slow, despite the 3G connection.

I really doubt Apple with ever do a CDMA phone since the vast majority rest of the world uses GSM. Your best bet is to switch to a GSM carrier (T-Mobile or AT & T) and work out your options from there...

Reaction score
Originally Apple and Verizon were going to roll out the iphone, but Verizon changed their mind and did not want to give in to the outrageous demands apple wanted in the contract.

google is your friend
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2007-01-28-verizon-iphone_x.htm

Gizmodo doesn't agree:

I really doubt Apple with ever do a CDMA phone since the vast majority rest of the world uses GSM. Your best bet is to switch to a GSM carrier (T-Mobile or AT & T) and work out your options from there...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
james515 said:
Originally Apple and Verizon were going to roll out the iphone
They were in talks, but I'm guessing Apple approached all the carriers. Verizon were just the only ones shooting their mouthes off about it.

james515 said:
the outrageous demands apple wanted
Like maybe 50% more revenue from the contract due to the fact that they would have to build, test and support two separate hardware versions of the phone.

It might also have just been Apple putting pressure on AT&T.

james515 said:
google is your friend
No need to get snarky there, son.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Gizmodo doesn't agree:

Well you have to understand that it isn't the final product of that phone either. They still have a couple months to work out the bugs. When I said better in some ways I only meant some ways and not all, and I was referring to a faster network connection and GPS capability.

I agree that Apple probably won't make a CDMA version, but it's not completely unrealistic. If CDMA is still being widely used by Verizon and Sprint in a couple years, surely it will be a big enough base of potential customers to make a CDMA iPhone profitable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In the end, it is pretty simple. The iPhone we have today uses GSM technology. The only two carriers in the States who use this technology are AT&T and T-Mobile. Sprint definitely does not. It uses CDMA. Hence, today's iPhone cannot be offered on Sprint.

Reaction score
I have a question, I have been told that an unlocked iPhone cant be used with Sprint....BUT....what if u have a SIMcard....will it be able to work ? bc I was told that an unlocked iphone only works with phones that use SIMcards...

Thx 4 The Advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I have a question, I have been told that an unlocked iPhone cant be used with Sprint....BUT....what if u have a SIMcard....will it be able to work ? bc I was told that an unlocked iphone only works with phones that use SIMcards...

Thx 4 The Advice

No.

As mac57 stated, iPhone is a GSM phone and Sprint is a CDMA carrier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I heard this rumor resurface recently. People think the iPhone is coming for Verizon within a year. Rumors are silly things

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.