mbp upgrade

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i have a mbp 2.33. and i wanted to upgrade from 2gb mem to 3 gb. should i just buy a 2gig stick or should i get a kit of 3g.

what brand would u guys recommend, im stuck between crucial or micron.

thanks for reading,

ru chez.

Reaction score
Why do you want to go from 2 to 3 gigs?

Why not go to 4? They really don't sell 3 gig kits.

You can get a 4 gig kit on newegg for under 80 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.33GHz - Core2Duo - 120GB - 3GB RAM - 256 VRAM
I have the exact same configuration. After extensive reading and talking with a few Apple techs, don't waste your money on the 4GB setup. You computer will only recognize slightly over 3GB and will only use 3GB of it anyway (from what I am told). I would highly recommend just getting a 2GB stick and being set. I do general photo and video editing, surf the web, etc and it is beyond plenty for me.

I would also recommend Omni memory. If you do a search for it on ebay and find one of their listings there is an 800 number at the bottom. If you call them and buy it over the phone they will usually give it to you for about $10+ cheaper (their prices are pretty good to begin with). All of their memory is well tested and highly regarded, plus guaranteed and they have a cust service number if you have any issues - unlike some of the cheap companies.

Just my $.02

Shawn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Why do you want to go from 2 to 3 gigs?

Why not go to 4? They really don't sell 3 gig kits.

You can get a 4 gig kit on newegg for under 80 bucks.

His model of MBP has a max memory configuration of 3gigs. 4gig max is actually a recent thing for the MBP line.

You can get a 2gig kingston chip for about $52 at newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Mac+-+Memory-_-Kingston+Technology-_-20134370

And a 1gig kingston module for $27
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ific+Memory)-_-Kingston+Technology-_-20134025

I always recommend Kingston myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.