Safari problems

Reaction score
My first mac the new Intel based 20" iMac which I got only a few months ago...

it seems like Safari is missing many options that were a necessity to me in IE
for example: when there's a pic on the internet, in IE I could right click on it, go to properties and from there I can see the link to the pic, and pic size.
In Safari, there's nothing like that.. the most I can do is copy image adress.....

I need to know the size of the pic because im working on websites and for me its crucial to have any pic size accesible in seconds, instead of copying it to photoshop and getting it from there....

can Safari do that? Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
What your going to want to do is open up terminal (search for it using spotlight or go to the utilities folder) and type this in--> "defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true" without the quotes. Than relaunch safari and now you can right click on anything and click inspect element to do what you want. Happy Mac-ing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can also right click (CMD click) and you can choose Inspect Element
you then the web inspector with loads of options

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

EDit I had this without the terminal cmd is it native in Safari 3.1 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm not sure, but it appears to be :) Seems kinda silly of them to make it so you need a terminal command to do that sort of thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.