need some help with torrent speed

Reaction score
Hello, I just recentrly started using a Mac and everything was fine. Just torrents don't work how they should work.
At first torrent download speed was normal but for some reason the speed now is low, 3 times lower than it should be. I tried using Tomato torrent, transmission, azureus, bittorret, bitrocket, xtorrent and all of them fail me.
You could say that it's the torrents fault or something, but the same torrent works just fine on my PC, which is connected to a network with my new macbook. I tried different torrents over a few days period and all of them download really slow.
I was thinking that maybe it's the routers fault and I need to open some ports or something, but that wouldn't explain why torrents work fine on windows.

Someone please suggest something, because I use torrents really often and it's a big problem for me.

jah

Reaction score
download really slow.
I was thinking that maybe it's the routers fault and I need to open some ports or something, but that wouldn't explain why torrents work fine on windows.

open up the port (s) you need.
there is no reason these applications should respond (to overcome the lack of ports) the same way given different OS and hardware and the software itself.

good luck, just my 2cents

OP
S
Reaction score
open up the port (s) you need.
there is no reason these applications should respond (to overcome the lack of ports) the same way given different OS and hardware and the software itself.

good luck, just my 2cents

thanks for the reply. Guess I'll try opening ports, and wanted to ask should I just open the port that the torrent app uses or some sort of group of ports?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 160GB. iPod nano... old school one.
I have this same problem. Except I don't even know how to open up a port. Could someone explain to me how to do this and tell me which ports need to be opened?

OP
S
Reaction score
I have this same problem. Except I don't even know how to open up a port. Could someone explain to me how to do this and tell me which ports need to be opened?

you could try entering your ip into a web browser. In my case I'll have to call my ISP to open ports :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.