WEP key doesnt work on iMac

Reaction score
is there any way to lock my network which i use for my laptop and also be able to connect via my imac also>?

Whenever i try and put the WEP key on my network it locks the imac out of the network and even after ive typed in the correct password the imac still says wrong password when in fact it isnt.

i would really appreciate some advice.

thankyou

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
is there any way to lock my network which i use for my laptop and also be able to connect via my imac also>?

Whenever i try and put the WEP key on my network it locks the imac out of the network and even after ive typed in the correct password the imac still says wrong password when in fact it isnt.

i would really appreciate some advice.

thankyou

Yes, ditch WEP altogether and use WPA or WPA2 if your router offers it as an option. If it does not, check with the manufacturer of your router for a firmware update. If one is not available consider purchasing a newer model.

WEP can be broken with readily available tools in less than 5 minutes, rendering it basically obsolete at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.