Superdrive issue - tracks 13+ won't play

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I have a relatively new iMac (purchased in August of 07), and I seem to be having an issue with the Superdrive.

I went on a trip a few weeks ago, and I decided to burn a bunch of CDs to listen to in the car. However, I noticed that each of these CDs won't play after track 13 or 14.

At first, I thought it was the car's CD player as I've had issues with it before, but all of the new CDs (5+) I made do the exact same thing.

To top it off, I burnt a new CD today and put in a CD player I have at the house, and at track 13 it just stops playing.

Any ideas on what this could be? Any help would be most appreciated.

Sean

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is, is that maybe the songs have used up all of the space on the disk. Even though you see tracks 13 and 14 on the disc the actual songs may not be there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Should burn about 18 no trouble on CD-R. What software are you using to burn your CD's with and using quality media such as verbatim?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I'm using iTunes and burning onto Memorex CD-Rs. My experience has been that iTunes will tell you if there are too many songs to fit onto one disc.

I have also burnt several CDs (in excess of 13 tracks) in the past using iTunes and the Memorex discs and have had no issues.

I hope the drive isn't on its way out. :(

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try a Verbatim or Phillips disc and see if there is any difference?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.