Clean Your Mac, Free Up Memory

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Ive tried a hand full of cache cleaners and system cleaners and cookie cleaners, etc.. can anyone tell me a great cleaning program/software that will combine all these and keep my mac running flawless for years to come! I know some of you out there know of some GREAT cleaning software. I would love to be informed.

THANKS ALWAYS!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what have you tried?

the prefered two on these forums seem to be onyx (which i use) and mainmenu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I second the vote for OnyX. I have been using it for nearly two years. So far, it is all I have needed to keep my Mac running in top condition.

OP
L
Reaction score
I Have Used

hey guys i have used onyx, leopard cache cleaner, and mac cleanse the one that looks like a windex bottle. onyx was good but i thought there could be better ones out there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try MainMenu.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hey guys i have used onyx, leopard cache cleaner, and mac cleanse the one that looks like a windex bottle. onyx was good but i thought there could be better ones out there

Tell us in particular, what you're looking for in a maintenance program? Onyx is pretty full-featured. I'm having a hard time understanding what the deficiency is.

Also note that maintenance programs do not "free up memory" as per the title of your thread, they free up hard disk space (hopefully). Your memory is purged every time you turn the machine off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Onyx- TechTool Pro 4

TechTool is a very usefull app. that helps you set up all you need( back up, test, ect...) but personally I prefer onyx for the day to day

Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations for Onyx. Downloaded, installed it and ran it - nice program!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.