Canon Printer Print Quality

Reaction score
I am new to the Mac world so I am having a problem with changing quality settings for my Canon printer.
I have an 20" Imac and a Canon Pixma MP520. I am trying to print a photo through Iphoto 08 and the quality is not good---white streaks.

How do I change the photo quality settings? I am using photo quality paper and made the correct paper settings when I printed.

Any help is appreciated.

rich in Maine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Have you checked your ink supply? I had problems and putting in a new cartridge fixed the problem. I even had one brand new Canon cartridge give me problems. FWIW - I contacted Canon and they sent me a replacement!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
White streaks usually indicates a bad (or just oldy) cartridge. Make sure all cartridges are new and full and then try again.

Also, I presume that Canon comes with a utility for calibrating the printer and also for "priming" cartridges? I would put it through its paces using this before you try again. This may reveal (or resolve) the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.