so i put my computer to sleep...

Reaction score
today, i close my laptop for maybe 10 minutes. when i open it, the computer remains at a black screen, but the sleep light on the front of the computer turns off. I tap the keys and the mouse button, but nothing happens. I listen to the computer, and it sounds like it is on and functioning normally. since it did not respond, i decided to just hold the power button to turn it off. i powered it back on, and it turned on normally, but i think i saw the screen glitch a little, showing a plethora of colors in a stripe. i repair permissions and verify disk, but not much seemed wrong. it is working well now.

should i be worried about this? what should i do?

thanks!

Reaction score
my MBP occasionally does this. It is weird. I will open it and everything works fine. Volume turns up and you can hear it clicking, fans are going etc... but the screen is black. It wont turn on for 5 minutes sometimes. I find hitting the power button quickly helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
My Acer laptop does that too, I find (yeah this is easy) closing the lid and opening it again does the trick, sometimes twice, might be the lid switch could be sticking......like my Acer does......just a thought.

OP
Y
Reaction score
yeah, i did try closing it and opening it again, but that did not work.

would anyone know what could be the problem? martin, have u tried anything?

Reaction score
If you have iStat installed, try removing it or upgrading to the latest version. That is all it took to fix my problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.