• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iSight for windows?

G

Gamer

Okay, I was wondering if i could hook up my iSight up to my PC in the house, I love quality it is amazing. Is there some software crack for it or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Just searched google and it doesn't look like there is anyway to use it right now. Somebody says that it works on Yahoo but I know that even on OS X Yahoo has crap quality for the iSight. The only program that uses it efficiently is iChatAV which is only on OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
otherwise.... get a Ligotech Quick Cam Pro... or OrbitCam/SphereCam

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

Long-Term Solution

Windows LongHorn will copy many aspects of Mac OS X(Flurry screensaver, backgrounds, less crashing, etc..), maybe they'll throw in support for iSights.

Short-Term Solution

Use iSight on a Mac

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
iSight works on a PC, however the mic does not. You are going to have to find a 3rd party driver for that.

OP
M

mpgriffi

install iSight

Absolute Zero said:
iSight works on a PC, however the mic does not. You are going to have to find a 3rd party driver for that.

Would you be able to tell me how to install iSight on a pc? Or could you tell me where to get this info.
I have an old imac and am waiting to get a new one, but it may be awhile. I only have a pc right now, an would like to use my iSight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Plug it in...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
OP
M

mpgriffi

Hey thanks for all the help I guess you don't know either ? If you do give me a break and let me know. Happy Holidays !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't work when you plug it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
isight cool. get a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats for Linux... I know there is one for Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know... but I know its floating out there somewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.