some DVD´s don´t work with my MacBook

Reaction score
hello. I have a problem, when i put a DVD with a video burned from a dvd player and recorder (and the video was in a camera), my macboock doesnt do anything, just make some noise and then eject the dvd out automatic.

i bougth this macboock a mounth ago:

MacBook4,1
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
800 MHz
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857E:

Revisión del firmware: ZF1E
Interconexión: ATAPI
Soporte de grabación: Sí (unidad enviada por Apple)
Caché: 2048 KB
Leer DVD: Sí
Grabar CD: -R, -RW
Grabar DVD: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Estrategias de escritura: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO

Sorry that i have my mac in spanish...

but if you know why is no recognizing the dvd's that i put in, please tell me.

what i did was:

i filmed a basketball games then i recorded them in dvds with a dvd player, then i check it if it works in another dvd players and if it works with a pc, all was perfect except with my macboock that just make some noise and eject the dvd.

one more point, 2 of the dvds worked perfect with my macboock, i could play it, but with the other 10 or something like that it just make some noise and eject.

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like you may have some bad or marginal media. I've had the same thing happen on occasion with certain brands. Try another brand of DVD and if possible avoid DVD RW media. I know some folks swear by RW media but I have had problems with them to the extent that I no longer use them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I just have to ask. Are the DVDs the standard 5.25 inches or ore they the smaller versions? Slot loading players are designed to only handle the standard size.

OP
K
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some bad or marginal media. I've had the same thing happen on occasion with certain brands. Try another brand of DVD and if possible avoid DVD RW media. I know some folks swear by RW media but I have had problems with them to the extent that I no longer use them.

what do you mean with DVD RW, those that you can record and erase and record again?? i mean rewriteable... i never use those.
and the brand of the dvd make some difference??
and why is that, that i can play 2 of them and the other i cant...

thanks

Reaction score
Same problem

Hello,

I have the same problem, but it started little bit different.
Have you already fixed your drive? How?

[] Iron Mascarenhas

hello. I have a problem, when i put a DVD with a video burned from a dvd player and recorder (and the video was in a camera), my macboock doesnt do anything, just make some noise and then eject the dvd out automatic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.