Wanna Answer Home Calls on Mac

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a software/hardware which will allow me to answer phone calls on my mac or take messages.

I know there are a few around but I think they are designed for dial-up connections.

I am currently on ADSL Broadband and so I'm wondering how it would work.

Would I have to connect my phone to my Mac or is there some other type of connection?

I live in the UK.

Any suggestions?

JH

Reaction score
I would look into Skype, I think that's what you are looking for. But I think you would have to get a special phone number for it. I guess it might be possible to forward your cell phone to skype though.

OP
J
Reaction score
I do have skype and I know they give their own number but I need to find a way of connecting my own phone with Skype (or any other software) so that I can take my home calls on my home number, on my mac, as I work online all day.

My iMac has built in mic and I have speakers around the room so it would be a great handsfree experience when making and taking calls on my mac.

But I don't know how to do it!

Any suggestions?

JH

OP
J
Reaction score
It shows you several products but doesn't tell you how you can connect your phone line to the Mac.

I can't find a phone to mac connector anywhere!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.