The Keyboard Story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
Its 6:40 AM. I just finished using WATER and a damp towel to clean my TV and pretty much everything. I am on amoxicillin (ugh, makes me sick) for my **** sinus infection. I want to sleep, but I don't want to miss my next dose, which will be at 8 PM, then I can sleep. I want this **** sinus infection to go away.

Hurray for me.

You should have done that with the TV on. Your sinus infection would have been gone, blasted away with an electroshock... :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
Lesson learned - never use water on a keyboard or near one, no matter how petty the amount.

Regarding the water on the keyboard thing:

I got a graphite Mac Pro keyboard from a friend who'd ruined it by spilling coffee on it. First, I did my best to get out all the dust, clipped fingernails and other disgusting junk she managed to get in there before the coffee incident with a can of compressed air. Then I took it into the bathroom and put it under the full force of the shower head to get everything else out that I couldn't get. Then I hung it up to dry for 48 hours in a secure, dry area before I even allowed myself to consider trying it out (a warm and dry area is best to ensure the water will evaporate). It works fine now. I've never had a problem with it.

I was reasonably confident this would work because the IT guy at one of my old jobs used to put keyboards in the dishwasher in the office kitchen and run them with just plain warm water WITHOUT DETERGENT (had to make that part clear).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.