2-way File Sharing?

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac - both with the latest versions of Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.2). Both are connected to the internet via wireless network.

I can connect my MacBookPro with the iMac, but if the same strategy is applied the the iMac I get an error message. "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "afp://192/168.1.64/" could not be read or written. (error code -36).

The MacBookPro connects to the iMac, no problem - what do I need to change on my MacBookPro to give my iMac access?

Reaction score
Sounds like a read/write permission. On the 'Book, go to System Preferences, Sharing and look at the folder you want the iMac to see. Sometimes the confusion is with user names, make sure that they match.
Oh, and welcome aboard!

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi Sherman, that's indeed what the error message indicates.

But that's apparently not the case. I have attached the print screen of my File Sharing menu. Everyone has read & write permissions

Picture 1.png

OP
J
Reaction score
Oh and thanks for the quick response and welcoming. Got a faster response from you than from the official Apple Support forum...

OP
J
Reaction score
By the way, the iMac does not give me the possibility of entering a username and password - as the Book does

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.