hello

Reaction score
hello- i am in the process of buying a 15" G4, it is 800mhz and has 1024Ram, and i has a cool black keyboard instead of the metel looking one, i am getting if for around $1200, it has alittle ware and tare but nothing bad, no squeeky henges and no dead pixles

i want to know if that is a good deal or not, i think that it is a good buy but i am no expert, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That is pretty much the same machine I have. It is the Titatanium powerbook which was discontinuned in September 03. When I bought mine last July it was about 2300 bucks after my student discounts but I added more to it as time went on

OP
stillimation
Reaction score
how is the airport going through the titanium and will it be cool to put panther and eventuly tiger on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I get fine airport reception on mine...Panther runs great and tiger should run perfectly fine but the graphics card will not support the newest core image but thats only for serious photo and video editing work.

I should have a new iMac by the time Tiger comes out though

OP
stillimation
Reaction score
can you up grade the graphics card because i am gunna be going alot of PS and final cut pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope it is built into the motherboard

S

Sirjammer69

I think there are better deals to be had, i bought my 12" 1ghz albook with 768mb ddr bluethooth and airport extrme built in. It is perfect and came with everything and warranty until february all for about 1100$ USD so i would say keep looking. Juts my opinion!

H

heyclement

aww.... i just got mine, a 12" G4 1.25GHz / 256MB RAM / 60GB HDD / Bluetooth & AirPort Extreme built-in, for $1280... now mine doesn't sound too good of a deal anymore, since I'm planning on putting in a 512MB RAM, which will probably cost me another $100 at least...
but ya, I would say definitely keep looking. a 800MHz isn't that new and you don't wanna have to upgrade again anytime soon, right?

S

Sirjammer69

heyclement said:
aww.... i just got mine, a 12" G4 1.25GHz / 256MB RAM / 60GB HDD / Bluetooth & AirPort Extreme built-in, for $1280... now mine doesn't sound too good of a deal anymore, since I'm planning on putting in a 512MB RAM, which will probably cost me another $100 at least...
but ya, I would say definitely keep looking. a 800MHz isn't that new and you don't wanna have to upgrade again anytime soon, right?

Heyclement, thats still a pretty decent deal dude i would have payed that for what you got. An extra 20gig with 250mhz and prolyy more video ram would be welcome what bus is it 333 or 266? tc and love your mac deals can be had on ram just look, i have seen ram prices at 90$ Canadian for 1gig sticks, you got a good deal dude.

Tc

J.C. :robot:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.