Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne keeps on crashing at startup! HELP

Reaction score
Like stated in the title, my warcraft 3 frozen throne keeps on crashing at start up on my macbook pro. It is a Mac OS X 10.4.10 and i am downloading version 10.4.11 as we speak. what should i do??? Also when i try to start it up it toggles back and forth from the Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3: Frozen throne icon. Then it says that "The application Warcraft III quit unexpectedly." what should i do?? help please!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Have you ever looked at the console log for this? It might give you a hint as to what is going wrong there.

Reaction score
Heres what I got:

x86 ERROR gliInitializeLibrary:276: dlopen failed: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources/GLEngine.bundle/GLEngine, 6): Symbol not found: _roundf
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
Expected in: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/libSystem.B.dylib

x86 FATAL: gliInitializeLibrary:276: forcing crash
Aug 3 20:27:40 yuki-tokuyamas-computer crashdump[435]: Warcraft III crashed
Aug 3 20:27:40 yuki-tokuyamas-computer crashdump[435]: crash report written to: /Users/yukitokuyama/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Warcraft III.crash.log
2008-08-03 20:28:38.298 SystemUIServer[85] _MDOpenNodeInFinder returned 0

so i guess its openGL. is that supposed to be on my macbook? Warcraft 3 was working fine for me a few months ago. Recently I have had my HDD replaced, installed and uninstalled crossover(game).

Any advice on how to fix this?

Reaction score
My warcraft used to crash too...
I reinstaled it folowing the warcraft's instructions(when u put
the CD and see install / reinstall) and now its ok...

I have other problem, when u get out of Bnet and try to quit warcraft
it stucks and i need to ALT+(Apple)+ESC to close it...
If some one knw how to fix this tell me plz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 20" imac 2g ram.
at least my wow used to crash when i exited the game. lolol phew.

aquapete, champion of the naaru. night elf druid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Have you updated Warcraft III to the Universal Binary? Heres the link

Reaction score
Initially, I had this problem too. After a little bit of research, I found this solution:

Delete the Warcraft III folder from Applications. Then delete these four files that are under, (User)\Library\Preferences:

1. Battle.net Preferences
2. com.blizzard.installer
3. com.Blizzard.WarcraftIII
4. WarcraftIII Preferences

Re-install WC3 and the expansion - do not start WC3 before installing the expansion, and do not use the WC3 shortcut for launching, use the WC3 FT instead.

Reaction score
When i try to install my wc3 its wierd now i put in the expanshin cd (frozen throne) and it tells me to put in the wc3 cd so i do ok i put in my cd keys and it starts to install ok but then when its about half way done it ejects the cd and aborts the dl can anyone help me or give some sudgestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Aluminum, 2.0 GHz 2 GB DDR3 (Late 2008)
I was playing dota yesterday, and after 1.5 hrs of playing my game started lagging badly then froze completely, requiring me to reboot using the power button. I tried playing single player for the same amount of time, and no problems at all. Any clues?

Reaction score
How?

I was playing dota yesterday, and after 1.5 hrs of playing my game started lagging badly then froze completely, requiring me to reboot using the power button. I tried playing single player for the same amount of time, and no problems at all. Any clues?

I was a DOTA adict but then i got a macbook and now i cant play it anymore. How can i get dota on my macbook. i already have Warcraft reign of chaos and frozen throne. please please help me!!!!:Oops:

Reaction score
Happened to me...

It's because you installed it incorrecty, I forgot how to do it properly (because this was ages ago) but you might want to Re-Install it and do everything correctly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.