How do I set the SSID for internet connection sharing over airport?

Reaction score
Here's the setup:
I am a student in a research lab at a university, and we have recently acquired a new mac mini, with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) installed. I installed the operating system, and for all purposes am the computer's administrator. The computer has a dedicated IP address through the ethernet interface. The computer is sharing this internet connection via airport, so it is acting as a router to provide wireless connectivity to some PC notebooks that we use in our lab (we primarily use PCs). The connectivity appears to work fine - my notebook, for example, is easily able to connect to the wireless network created by the mac mini.

The problem I have is that the SSID of this wireless network is set to "<my name>'s mac mini" (I assume that it is using my name because, as the person who installed the OS, it is assuming the computer belongs to me). This is not desirable because 1) I don't like having my name broadcast around the university as part of a network name, and 2) the computer doesn't even belong to me, and the name will be even more inappropriate after I graduate in a few months and leave the lab!

I have muddled around the network sharing options, but have not yet stumbled across wherever the name of the wireless SSID is set. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.