n00b in need of assistance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz Intel, 2 GB DDR2
Just got my new Macbook in the mail today :) I also have a pc and iPod that have been working great. I plugged my iPod into the mack book now and i can't transfer my music files onto my macbook :( I was told that i need to restore my iPod and switch it to Macintosh settings... i restored it but it never prompted me for a change. I restored it on the Macbook and it switched. Went back to PC to put files on... won't work in macintosh settings.

Basically how do i transfer files via my iPod (or is it doable?) Only other thing i can think of is to upload them all to a large file upload sight and re-download. I'm sure this has been covered before, so please excuse the n00bosity of the question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
How about you just transfer the music from the PC directly to the Mac instead of using the iPod? If you have an external hard drive, you can transfer using that. If not, then you can simply plug the two computers together with an Ethernet cable and just do a drag and drop.

You could also take a look at Senuti for transferring songs off of an iPod to a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Does senuti work though if your iPod is Windows format, and you want to pull off songs onto your Mac from it before you reformat? (a few of my songs/movies are from my old computer which doesn't work anymore, and therefore can't get them back unless I reget software to rip them onto my computer from my discs. but I don't feel like doing that, I'm lazy)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Tower Tiger | iPod Video
I went through this myself. I would just suggest using an external HDD and move all your iTunes songs to it, then move them off to your Mac as Kash said. If you get to messing with programs that will take the songs off your iPod to bypass using more than one library, it becomes a mess.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do not have an external hard drive. Ehternet is a possibility. I just tried it and it wasn't recognized on either computer :( right now i'm doing it with a thumb drive and it can fit about 1 CD on at a time. Which is why i wanted to try the ipod because its fairly larger.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about you just transfer the music from the PC directly to the Mac instead of using the iPod? If you have an external hard drive, you can transfer using that. If not, then you can simply plug the two computers together with an Ethernet cable and just do a drag and drop.

You could also take a look at Senuti for transferring songs off of an iPod to a Mac.

Using Senuti, can i keep the ipod in windows mode and upload songs and use senuti on the macbook? Will this work :Grimmace:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think i'll just burn some CD's. One last question.... Can i burn in WMA (i.e. macbook will change it over?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Didn't you read technologist's post...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.