Networking Leopard & Windows

Reaction score
Hello.

How do I network my iMac & 2 Windows machines please?

I have looked at the excellent Flernk guide and other guides but I seem to have one or two tick boxes missing. Don't know if this a Leopard thing - or me!

I can't see Windows Sharing although I can see File Sharing, Printer Sharing and Web Sharing.

Is the procedure different to previous OSX versions?

I am new to Macs having had my iMac for about 3 weeks.

Thanks,

wint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Make sure file sharing is checked on the Mac side, then go to Network in system preferences, and click the advanced tab in the bottom left. Go to the WINS tab in the advanced menu and add your Mac to the same workgroup as your PCs. On your windows side go to windows firewall settings and make sure "Don't allow exceptions" is UNCHECKED. Try restarting the finder, (cmd+option+esc, and than click finder and than relaunch) if you still don't see your windows comps in the sidebar of the finder try clicking on the finder, and than pressing cmd+k. Type in the IP address of the PC starting with smb://

That's all I can do to help for now, hope it works =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
No problem, glad to help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.